The cold weather, snow and ice wreak havoc on your landscape and all the features in it. One of the best ways to ensure that your landscape isn’t impacted severely, is to choose the materials and contractor wisely.
We at Project Landscape have seen that composite decks are becoming very popular across the region. This is primarily because they are highly weather-resistant and aren’t impacted by cold weather. However, composite decks in Calgary need proper care during the winter months.
Deck Care Tips
Here are some tips on how to care for your composite deck in the winter:
For Ice And Snow
- Opt for an ice melt product which doesn’t have colorants or other products that can stain in your composite deck.
- Avoid the use of metal shovels, sharp edge tools or sand on your deck as it can damage the surface.
Once The Weather Begins To Warm Up And Ice And Snow Melt…
- Wash all the surfaces of your composite deck with a diluted soap solution & water. This will help remove all the accumulated debris, dirt and chemicals.
- Use the fan-tipped nozzle of a pressure washer to wet and rinse the deck surfaces gently.
- It’s important that you don’t blast the surface is as it can drive the debris deeper into the material
Removing Stains On Composite Decks Calgary
These are the steps to follow to remove stains from your composite deck:
- Mildew & Mold- Use mild deck cleaners that contain detergent and sodium carbonate.
- Rust Stains Caused By Metal Furniture Or Fences– Use a cleaner that contains oxalic acid as this is effective in removing rust stains.
- Oil and Grease Stains- Use a commercial cleaner that has mild detergents, sodium hydroxide and or/ propylene glycol. You can also use thinners and spot removers, but make sure that these are used sparingly. Wash them off quickly with a hose.
Ensuring that you opt for a good quality deck materials and cleaning using the right products, can go a long way in maintaining its appearance and condition. If you need any more information about maintaining composite decks in Calgary, feel free to contact our experts keep.
They will provide you all the information you need about deck care. For details about our expert services, feel free to contact Project Landscape at 403-407-5777 or drop us a line via this Online Form and we will revert shortly.