A lot of people think lawn care is a very easy task. Well, lawn care is not rocket science but it involves a little more task other than just mowing the lawn. If you are going for DIY, you need to know a lot of things regarding your lawn such as the type of grass to be planted, fertilizer to be used, how often it should be applied, and the type of fertilizer brand to use; artificial or natural.
- Why should you test the sample of your soil? How do you do the analysis of your soil? How do you identify the nutrients present in your soil and those that are lacking?
- How should you mow your lawn? Should you leave it long or cut it short? Should you totally uproot them? What are the tools that needed for your lawn care one it is mature? How should you handle your sodded or newly-seeded lawn?
- How often should you water your garden and how much water should you add?
At this point, you will agree that lawn care is more than just mowing the grass. Hence, should you spend money to hire a professional lawn care agent or make the commitment of time and effort to learn how to take care of your lawn and then move to the actual lawn care services yourself?
Some tips and tricks from the Calgary Landscaping Professionals
If you plan to learn the actual lawn care services, here are the things you need to know.
- Soil science: you need to know the different types of soil and the type of fertilizer each of the soil need.
- Weeds: You need to know the various types of weeds and how to handle them effectively.
- Physical works; these are the actual works on the garden such as trimming, edging, mowing, carting off debris, and so on.
- You also need to know that all these are usually and frequently done in the hottest times of the year, especially in Calgary.
A lot of people consider a DIY for their lawn care while some go for professional lawn care. One of the notable reasons why people go for DIY is to save money, especially in this harsh economic condition.
On the other hand, those who hire professional lawn care service provider sees it as a prudent and more efficient way to do things. Perhaps, some are very busy while others do not know how to undertake a lawn care DIY.
The best landscaping company knows, cheap isn’t always the best!
A lot of people look for the cheapest offer when looking for professional lawn care service provider. Doing this can be a little bit risky. You can fall into the hand of that guy who just borrowed a lawn mower and then prints some flyers to get some lawn care jobs. Would you want this type of person to handle your lawn? Take your time to look for that professional lawn care provider who is experienced and trustworthy. Ask for references and make further research to be sure their precious contracts worked out well.
Notwithstanding, negotiation is key. Everybody is looking for new customers and the lawn market is an example of a highly competitive market. There are lawn care service providers that want you to sign up for a year or season. Whichever way you are going, make sure the service is worth the price you are paying for it.
If you would like to learn more on our Commercial custom lawn care quotes or the many options we offer for residential landscaping please feel free to contact us at 403-257-4059 or set up a free consultation