Adding Style To Your Calgary Deck
The sizing of your deck:
When it comes to how big or small your want your new deck built, there are three things that you should determine in the design phase.
- An approximate number of people your new deck will need to accommodate,
- The size of your patio furniture, BBQ, hot tub etc.
- How you plan to use your deck. Keep in mind down the road if you want to set up such additions as pergolas, outdoor kitchens or fire tables.
The general rule of thumb when it comes to building a deck is to go no smaller then 15×15 (225 square feet) at minimum. There are a few factors when it comes to the actual sizing of your deck, the layout of your home plays a role, the available space in your landscape and how you are wanting to use your space. A common mistake among Calgary deck builders is to install the deck that is out of proportion with the house. Going to big will take away from the actual house exterior, going to small and the deck can get lost in the rest of your landscape.
Tips from the pros:
- A deck should be no bigger than the largest room in your house
- a deck should be wider then it is deeper, not only for aesthetic reasons but it also helps deter from development permits
Multi level decks
Adding multi levels to your deck, not only adds to the aesthetics to your deck and your back yard landscape, it also can add extra square footage without taking away from your home. Multi level decks have a distinct advantage over a single framed deck. They can be designed and built to give the look of separate outdoor rooms, having your entertainment area on one level, step up or down to your outdoor kitchen area or elevate a private nook to place a hot tub.
One of the best advantages of using composite decking along the poolside is its multi-functionality. Composite is designed to suit your lifestyle, easy to maintain and covers any safety concerns.
Most styles of composite decking are certified as ADA slip resistant. Another great benefit to using composite decking is that it has hidden fasteners, so no loose screws, which gives you a smooth surface.
When it comes to adding to your outdoor living space , most Calgary homeowners are turning to low maintenance landscaping and decking. Composite is at the top of the charts in deck material for along poolside’s, it needs very little care beyond hosing it down and spot cleaning with soap and water from time to time.
It’s important to use a style that matches the exterior of your house and landscape. Each brand of composite decking has different charactistics, colors and styles. If you have a south facing backyard, some brands of composite can become very hot on your feet, so choosing a PVC material would be a better choice. If you’re concerned about slips and falls around the pool area, going with a deeper grain in the composite would be beneficial. Project landscapes designers will listen to any concerns you may have and put you in the right path of today’s latest trends and steer you towards a line of decking that will suit your needs.
- No sanding
- No staining
- No painting
- Fade Resistant
- Stain Resistant
- Scratch Resistant
- Mold Resistant
- Much of the board is made from recycled material
- Latest technology combined for greater durability
FAQ about decks
Q: How long will it take to build my deck
A: The average Calgary deck build takes approximitely 2-3 days
Q: Do you take care of all deck permits
A: Yes, we take care of all permits for your deck
FAQ on decks
- How long will it take to build my deck? The average Calgary deck build takes approximately 2-3 days
- Do you take care of Calgary deck permits? Yes, we take care of all permits for your deck
- Are you insured, carry WCB, bonded and do you have a pre-paid contractor license? We carry 5 million liability insurance, are WCB compliant and have our contractor’s license.
- Do you build decks in Calgary’s surrounding areas? Yes, we build decks and offer all our landscape services in okotoks, Airdrie, Langdon, Bearspaw, Priddis, Chestermere, Cochrane, and Springbank