Are you looking for new sod in the Calgary area?
Our installation services offers numerous advantages that typically leaves us far ahead of our competitors.
We offer the highest quality sod at a very affordable price. Project Landscape is a team of experts at sod installation, and we take care of everything from ordering, running proper drainage, grading, installing premium topsoil, and adding our start up fertilizer. After completion of installation, we even go as far as sending you our detailed watering schedule to make sure you know the proper care for your new turf.
Sod Installation warranty:
We are so confident in our installation procedures that Project Landscape now offers a two-year warranty backed by Manderley Turf.
To learn more about Manderley’s warranty program, visit here.
Project Landscape is a proud installer of Manderley’s Less Water Sod:
- Qualified drought tolerant
- Reduces typical watering by up to 50 percent
- Stays green longer and greens up quicker
- Durable and tolerant for high traffic
- Cold-hardy, ideal for Calgary climate
Upgrade and green up your property today!
Choosing Project landscape Over Typical sod installers
If you’re looking to have sod installed in Calgary or surrounding areas like Okotoks,Langdon, Airdrie or Chestermere consider your choices carefully. While many sod installation companies will be able to lay the sod down beautifully, they may not have the experience to do it properly and how it can affect the rest of your landscaping, not to mention your wallet.
Project landscape takes the right measures when installing your sod. To the right amount of top soil to using the highest quality sod for all our customers.
Sod installation steps
Leveling the ground in not as easy as it looks and is the most important step in prepping your home for proper installation. Creating a slight slope to send water away from the foundation of your house is essential in the sod installation process, simply just throwing down the top soil and giving it a quick rake could be a costly repair.
Our sod experts at Project landscape take the time on the grading process so you have the proper drainage through-out your property.
Premium Soil for your turf
The minimum amount of soil that should be used on any new sod installation is 10cm (4 inches) however, for deeper root penetration, we suggest and install 15cm (6 inches).
Preparation of the base (ground) when installing sod is equally as important as the base in any patio or retaining wall. We believe that there is “no such thing” as too much topsoil. Most landscaping competitors are short the recommended amount of soil. Proper sod installation isn’t just about how it looks on the surface when completed. We install approx. 1.5-1.8 yards of premium topsoil per 100 square feet of sod.
Applying a starter fertilizer that is high in phosphate will give your new turf the boost it needs. For new sod it is critical for the roots to get established. Project landscape applies starter fertilizer to all our new sod installations, we use a 6-20-20 blend and incorporate it with a premium soil blend.
Mowing your new sod:
- Adjust your lawn mower blade to the highest setting when cutting your new turf for the first time.
- Sod needs to be completely rooted before your mowing cycle begins, usually it takes about 2-3 weeks. Test the sod by trying to pull up various pieces from the ground. If the sod is rooted and doesn’t come off the ground you’re ready to start your mower.
- Keep your lawn mower blades sharp when cutting, dull blades on a lawn mower can damage your lawn and cause stress to your turf.
- Mulching is ideal for your new lawn, this process returns organic matter to the soil to help your turf flourish.
Watering your new sod:
The most important process in proper care for your new sod. We have this process down to a science, our office would be happy to email you a proper watering schedule upon completion of your sod installation. Our crews will complementary water your sod upon completion, just another added benefit at Calgary’s top rated landscape company.
Delivery of your sod:
Your new sod will be delivered the day of installation. Each pallet contains 700 square feet of sod. Our crews will have your sod installed within 3-4 hours of the delivery. We don’t believe in letting the sod sit out all day in the hot sun.
Benefits of sod:
- Instant lawn: Sodding is the fastest and easiest way to create beautiful landscaping for your front and back yard.
- Sod reduces heat: On hot summer days sod is approximately 30 degrees cooler then asphalt, rock or concrete. During the summer months the front lawn of 8 Calgary homes can have the same effect of over 70 tons of air conditioning.
- Sod is helpful for the environment: Sod reduces greenhouse gases by absorbing the carbon dioxide.
- Adds value to your home: Professionally installed landscaping can add up to 20% of your home’s value.
Contact us today for a free sod installation estimate. One of our team members would be happy to visit your home.